8 More Power Plug Adapters That Every Road Warrior Should Have

Every Road Warrior Should Own This Eight Power Plug Adapters

universal plug adapter

A power plug adapter, also known as a plug adapter, is an essential piece of travel gear for anyone who travels frequently. Not only does it allow you to plug in your electronic devices without fear of frying them, it can also be used to power up your laptop or phone when you're out and about. In this article, we'll be taking a closer look at some of the best power plug adapters available on the market today. We'll also explain what each of them is designed for and tell you how to get the most out of them when traveling. So whether you're looking for a basic adapter that you can use with just about any device, or something more specialized that will work with specific types of electronics, be sure to check out our list!

What is a power plug adapter?

A power plug adapter is a device that allows you to plug in your electronic devices into a foreign power outlet. They come in different shapes and sizes, and each one is designed for a specific country or region. In general, the electrical plugs on equipment vary by region. So it’s important to know what type of plug you’ll need before going abroad. Most people don’t realize this until they get their adapters at the airport – too late! You can find out which countries have the same voltage as yours with an internet search, but I recommend checking with someone who has been there before if possible because sometimes voltage can change depending on where you are in the country. Plus, most power outlets are universal so you just need to find the right plug adapter for your region. Make sure that when you buy an international travel plug adapter, it also comes with surge protection so you can charge up your electronics safely. Also make sure that it supports more than two amps. There’s nothing worse than not being able to charge up your phone because you only brought along a two amp charger.

The power plug adapter, or plug adapter as it’s more commonly known, has been around forever and will continue to be around for the foreseeable future. Of course the technology behind them has changed significantly over the years, but its basic purpose remains the same – to allow you to plug an electronic device into a foreign power outlet without frying your device or causing any damage to your laptop, phone, or other travel accessories. Here are 8 more must-have travel plug adapters that every road warrior should have in their arsenal of travel tools and accessories!

1) The United States (Type A, Type B, Type I)

type a plug
Type A

In the United States, the most common types of plugs are Type A and Type B. Type A plugs have two flat prongs, while Type B plugs have two round prongs. Both types of plugs are used in North America. If you're traveling to the US from another country, you'll need a plug adapter that converts your home country's plug type to either Type A or Type B.

type b plug
Type B

You may also want to purchase a power converter/transformer if you'll be using any electrical appliances that require 110 volts at 60 hertz. For travelers with small electronics, be sure to buy an automatic soap dispenser instead of filling up the sink with soap each time. The same goes for cordless drills—they take up less space on your kitchen island when they're stored upright on a pegboard or magnetic tool holder.

type i plug
Type I

There are three main international electrical outlet standards: 220v, which is found in most European countries; 110-220v, which is found mostly in Asia; and 120v, which is found throughout North America. Be sure to bring a plug adapter with you so that your device will work no matter where you go!

2) South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Angola (Type G)

type g plug
Type G

If you're planning to travel to South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, or Angola, you'll need a Type G power plug adapter. This plug has three round prongs and is used in countries with 220-240 volt electrical systems. Be sure to check the voltage of your appliances before using them in these countries! A 110-220 volt adapter will not work. The electrical system in Angola runs on 220 volts and should be able to accommodate any appliance that can operate on that level of electricity. You also want to make sure that you are checking for electrical problems caused by an outlet plug, cordless drill storage, right electrical appliances, right plug adapter, plug type comparison, 220v plug adapter and 110-220 adapters so that you know how many devices are going into one outlet at once. If you plan on doing a kitchen remodel, it's important to note that kitchens have built-in electrical outlets which require 90 degree plugs. 

3) Japan (Type A, Type B, Type C)

When traveling to Japan, you'll need to bring a Type A, Type B, and Type C power plug adapter. These adapters will allow you to use your electronic devices in Japan. You may also want to consider bringing a portable power supply, as outlets in Japan are often limited. If you're using an automatic soap dispenser, be aware that common electrical problems can occur if the outlet plug is not inserted properly. Other common issues include low voltage and high voltage which can lead to damaged appliances.

type c plug
Type C

90 degree plug adapters help prevent these types of issues by making sure the outlet plug is completely seated into the outlet without any gaps between it and the wall. In order to protect against possible surges, many plugs have built-in safety features such as a short circuit breaker. Electrical ground fault interruptors also cut off power during certain conditions such as when water leaks into the outlet, thereby protecting people from getting electrocuted or experiencing shocks from electricity running through their bodies. Lastly, surge protectors help lessen damage caused by spikes in electric current due to weather events like lightning strikes or thunderstorms.

4) Europe / UK / Ireland (Type G, Type E, Type F / France)

type e plug
Type E

If you're planning a trip to Europe, it's important to know which type of power plug adapter to bring. Type G plugs are the most common in the UK and Ireland, while Type E and Type F plugs are commonly used in France. While most hotels will have adapters available for guests, it's always good to be prepared. Bringing your own adapter can help avoid common electrical problems caused by an outlet plug. For example, Type G outlets have three round prongs that protrude from the bottom of the wall socket. These types of outlets are compatible with all American-style three-prong plugs because they work with both 110V and 220V.

type f plug
Type F

However, 220V outlets require another round grounded prong that is not found on U.S.-style plugs. As such, many European countries use Type C or D outlets, which do not include this additional grounded prong. Luckily, these two different styles of sockets still use the same voltage levels. When using a Type C or D outlet, it is recommended to turn off the ground/neutral toggle switch located on the back of the power strip. By flipping this switch, there will no longer be any difference between high-voltage (220V) and low-voltage (110V) sockets since one has been turned off. The ground/neutral toggle switch only needs to be flipped when using a Europlug adapter (Type C), but not when using a Europlug II adapter (Type D).

5) Australia / New Zealand (Type I - Grounded / Safe Plug)

If you're planning a trip Down Under, then you'll need a Type I power plug adapter. These plugs have three flat prongs that are arranged in a triangle and they also have a round grounding pin. They're used in Australia and New Zealand and you'll need one if you want to be able to use your electronic devices while you're there. Luckily, these adapters are readily available at most department stores and travel stores like World Nomads or STA Travel. The ones with the auto-switching feature will work for both countries so you don't have to worry about having the wrong type of plug for either country on your vacation. For example, an extension cord from an American appliance would come with two different sets of outlets: Type A (flat two round pins) and Type B (flat three pins). Most modern appliances only come with Type A because it's the more common one worldwide. As such, this is the plug you should carry when traveling to Europe or Asia where Type B is more common.

6) South America (Brazil & Argentina / Chile & Uruguay - Type I & II)

If you're traveling to South America, you'll need a Type I & II power plug adapter. These adapters will work in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay. Be sure to pack one or two of these adapters in your suitcase so you can keep your devices charged while on the go. If not, consider purchasing an inexpensive travel adapter once you get there. 

The North American Countries are split into two different types: Type A and Type B - because they have different plug configurations. 

The European Countries are split into four different types: Type C, D, E & F - because they have different plug configurations. If you're traveling to Europe, be sure to pack at least one of each type. You never know which country or city you'll be visiting next! Which is why it's important to always carry your universal travel plug adapter with you when you're abroad. They don't take up much space in your luggage and it's better than having no way to charge your phone when it's dead!

7) China (Type A - Schuko)

The first on our list is the China plug adapter. China uses a type A or Schuko plug, which is the same as what's used in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, and many other countries in Europe. If you're traveling to China from Europe, you won't need a new adapter. Just be sure to check if your electronics are dual voltage before using them in China. Check the label or look for a label that says 100-240V (120V). You'll also want to make sure that you have an international converter with two USB ports for charging your phone and tablet. When travelling to China, it's best to use credit cards instead of cash when shopping. Credit cards are much safer than carrying cash around! Most major banks allow you to withdraw money at any ATM abroad. Some banks even provide their customers with debit cards that can be used without any conversion fee at ATMs abroad. Travelers checks may not seem like a big deal until they get lost or stolen, but they're actually very convenient to carry and will come in handy if your card doesn't work at an ATM abroad. Many people swear by these as the safest way to bring money while traveling overseas.

8) India & Sri Lanka

There are three types of power plugs used in India: the older style C and D, and the newer style M. You'll need a plug adapter in order to use your standard US electronics in India. 

type d plug
Type D

If you're traveling to Sri Lanka, you'll need a type C or D plug adapter. Sri Lanka uses the same voltage as India (220-240 volts), so you won't need a voltage converter. However, you will need a plug adapter if your electronic devices don't have their own international-friendly outlets. You can find one at any hardware store in Sri Lanka. They usually cost between $1-$2 USD, depending on the quality. The most common type of plug adapter that you'll find is a two-pronged flat outlet into an American 3 pronged round outlet. You may also see European 2 pronged round plugs with the third ground pin removed. In both cases, make sure that the cord from your plug adaptor is long enough for comfortable use before buying it. Indian outlets are generally around 16 inches off the floor. For example, my laptop charger reaches about 14 inches off the floor when plugged in which is about right for me. Any less and I'd need to take a step back every time I needed to charge my laptop!


A power plug adapter is a small, portable device that allows you to use your electronic devices while travelling. They come in handy when you're travelling in a country that uses a different voltage than your home country, or when you just need to charge your device quickly. We've included 8 power plug adapters that are perfect for road warriors of all ages and needs. Make sure to grab one for your travel bag today!

Post a Comment